- This event has passed.
Problem Gambling & Veterans
December 6, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This training counts toward the MA PGS Certificate Fundamental Coursework
This training is for providers and allied health professionals serving veterans and will focus on identifying and addressing problem gambling with veteran clients.
All Problem Gambling & Veterans trainings offered through the M-TAC training calendar include the same educational content. The same training is offered on alternative dates. Please be aware that repeat trainings/CE credits are not accepted toward the MA PGS certification.
The learning objectives of this training are as follows:
- Distinguish between social and problem gambling
- Identify consequences of problem gambling
- Identify veteran populations at risk for problem gambling
- Define addiction and its signs
- Distinguish between gambling and substance use disorder
- Practice addressing addiction
- Name support resources
3 CE credits for the following program are available through this course:
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- MA Technical Assistance Center for Problem Gambling Treatment is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to sponsor, conduct or approve continuing education programs for alcohol and drug counselors/assistants (LADCs).
TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY: Each Problem Gambling and Veterans training requires a minimum of 10 participants. Trainings with fewer than 10 participants will be canceled, given the challenges that arise with facilitating an interactive 3-hour training with less than 10 active participants. Registrants will be notified of any training cancellations by email and will be referred to additional resources and upcoming trainings.