- This event has passed.
Problem Gambling and Veterans Training
June 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Office of Problem Gambling Services, in partnership with Health Resources in Action, is excited to offer FREE virtual trainings titled “Problem Gambling & Veterans.” This training is for providers serving veterans and will focus on identifying and addressing problem gambling with veteran clients. The learning objectives of this training are as follows:
- Distinguish between social and problem gambling
- Identify consequences of problem gambling
- Identify veteran populations at risk for problem gambling
- Define addiction and its signs
- Distinguish between gambling and substance use disorder
- Practice addressing addiction
- Name support resources
CEUs for the following program are available through this course:
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- MA Technical Assistance Center for Problem Gambling Treatment is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to sponsor, conduct or approve continuing education programs for alcohol and drug counselors/assistants (LADCs).
Participant stipends are available for those who attend.