- This event has passed.
Introduction to Screening for Gambling Disorder
October 28, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This training counts toward the MA PGS Certificate Clinical Core Competency Coursework
This interactive training will introduce participants to screening for problem gambling among clients seeking mental health or addiction treatment. Participants will learn about three problem gambling screening tools and select a tool that best fits their organization’s needs. Participants will practice having effective conversations about problem gambling with clients.
CEUs are available through this training:
- American Psychological Association (APA) – The Division on Addiction is approved by the APA to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Division on Addiction maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This program offers 1.5 continuing education credits.
- The Division on Addiction has been approved by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6121. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Division on Addiction is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This program is approved for 1.5 clock hours.
- The Division on Addiction is a National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Approved Education Provider (provider number 396).
- The sponsor of this program has been approved to offer 1.5 hours of Continuing Education credit for Certified Addiction Specialists (CAS) in accordance with the American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders. Approval No. 12-1462.
- This program has been approved for 1.5 Social Work Continuing Education hours for relicensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. NASW-MA Chapter CE Approving Program, Authorization Number D 90890.
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- MA Technical Assistance Center for Problem Gambling Treatment is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to sponsor, conduct or approve continuing education programs for alcohol and drug counselors/assistants (LADCs).