Introduction to Cultural Humility Training
April 14, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training counts toward the MA PGS Certificate Clinical Core Competency Coursework
Embark on this self-evaluation and self-critique journey with us. This training is an introduction to people who want to learn some tools on how to become more culturally humble and responsive by examining their own biases, beliefs, and cultural identities. We will explore how providers can begin to work towards consciously demonstrating cultural humility in their client interactions to best support people experiencing problem gambling and co-occurring disorders.
- Increase your understanding of cultural humility, bias, and stigma;
- Learn some tools that can help you examine your own bias, critically self-reflect, and gain more self-knowledge;
- Learn the principles of demonstrating cultural humility in healthcare.
CEUs are available through this training! Please note that we do not award partial CEUs, participation for the entire training is required to receive CEUS
- American Psychological Association (APA) – The Division on Addiction is approved by the APA to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Division on Addiction maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This program offers 2.0 continuing education credits.
- The Division on Addiction has been approved by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6121. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Division on Addiction is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The Division on Addiction is a National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Approved Education Provider (provider number 396).
- This program has been approved for 2.0 Social Work Continuing Education hours for re-licensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. NASW-MA Chapter CE Approving Program, Authorization Number D 91043-1.
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors:
- MA Technical Assistance Center for Problem Gambling Treatment is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to sponsor, conduct or approve continuing education programs for alcohol and drug counselors/assistants (LADCs).
Cultural Humility Training
You will receive an email that includes a zoom registration link. We ask that you also register through zoom as it allows us to more easily track information to issue CEUs.
Please note: We do not offer partial CEUs. The whole training must be attended in order to receive a CEU certificate.
If you do not receive the registration email, please check you spam folder or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.